Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 50- Happy Birthday to Me!

Today was my birthday...yay....I love my birthday, even if things don't work out the way you planned....it's still a day about you. The one day you can be selfish and not feel bad about it....something I've learned over the years, as I've gone out of my way for friends time and time again, sometimes you just need to take time for you. You need to have a day of your own. Although it seems as though I share a birthday with a handful of people, I started the day sharing the morning with my friend who also has my birthday. So we went to the zoo and had a great time. Even though I didn't get to sleep in, the time we allowed for the zoo was just enough. I came home and took a nap, went and bought a new birthday outfit and went to dinner with my dad, sister and friend. About a month ago I ordered a new bed set- comforter, pillow shams, throw pillows, etc...and it just happened to get delivered while I was at dinner, so I came home to a surprise package. It was kind of my birthday present to myself and it arrived on my birthday. How perfect is that? So I'm super excited about that. I just felt very fortunate through this whole day that I felt good, I've felt better than I have in months. The warts aren't gone but there is certainly light at the end of the tunnel. I'm really going to focus on being healthier once I have more energy. Sleep is certainly one thing I've lacked this weekend.

-For all of you who are doing this detox, thinking about it, or feel like there is no hope- don't give up. There are still little pleasures and things to look forward to in life, and when days like your birthday roll around, you really know who your true friends are. So many people have surprised me today. As disgusting as this detox is.....it's been worth it to feel the way that I do now....I'm just so glad I don't feel sick inside....I wish the day wouldn't end, but for what I planned and how it turned out, I feel very greatful.....thanks everyone who gave me birthday wishes, that meant a lot to me, and I appreciate the support....

Tomorrow I up my dose to 10 drops and 5ml- which means it's going to get that much more gross- but tomorrow is another promising day that I'm looking forward to. -Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment